Wednesday, July 13, 2011

[Product Review] 100% Pure Cosmetics


I first bought makeup from this cosmetic line in December 2010, and I've been hooked ever since. I first used the fruit-pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation and I swear that my skin literally cleared up overnight. I had been using a makeup from Max Factor that lots of women swore by, but I had come to the conclusion after reading the label (I do that with foods, and I had started doing it with what I put ON my body as well) that these women were simply misinformed. Sure, the makeup does the job to cover up the spot and is the color of your skin... but what are its long term effects? Not good. Chemicals and preservatives all over your beautiful face, all day every day? No thanks.

My first bottle of Healthy Skin foundation is STILL half full, making it more than worth the $32 I spent on it back in December. You need very little. I apply it over my St. Ive's Timeless Skin moisturizer and 100% Pure's antioxidant primer. I love knowing that I am not putting chemicals into my skin and that it is all fruits and veggies! Here is a list of my old makeup's ingredients vs. my current makeup's ingredients... it is shocking the difference!

MAX FACTOR LASTING PERFORMANCE STAY-PUT MAKEUP
  • Water
  • Cyclopentasiloxane
  • Propylene glycol
  • dimethicone
  • talc
  • aluminum starch
  • octenylsuccinate
  • sodium chloride
  • methiconelaureth-7
  • PEG/PPG-18/18   otherwise known as WTF
  • arachidyl behenate
  • trihydroxystearin
  • dehydroacetate
  • silica
  • ethylene brassylate
  • synthetic wax
  • methylparaben
  • polyglyceryl-4
  • isostearate
  • propylparaben
  • PVP
  • hexyl laurate
  • ethylene/methacrylate copolymer
  • stearic acid
  • aluminium hydroxide
  • cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone
  • isopropyl titatium triisostearate
  • titanium dioxide
  • iron oxides
"MADE IN USA OF US AND IMPORTED PARTS"

VS.

100% Pure -- HEALTHY SKIN FOUNDATION WITH SUPER FRUITS, SPF 20 
  • Titanium dioxide, zinc oxide (sunscreen)
  • Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Juice)
  • Rice Starch,
  • Peach extract
  • Apricot extract
  • Cocoa bean extract
  • goji berry extract
  • Acai oil
  • pomegranate oil
  • Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
  • Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbate)
  • Candelilla Wax
  • white tea leaf extract
  • coffee cherry
  • maqui berry
  • muscadine grape
  • mangosteen
  • acerola fruit
  • elderberry
  • grapefruit seed
  • japanese honeysuckle

When I started using 100% Pure, my skin literally cleared up overnight. My skin is smoother, softer, there are less flakes, and it actually glows. I love the SPF in it, as well. I really do not like being in the sun. You will never find me tanning or "laying out" purposely to get a tan. I have been to the beach once in the last two years where I laid down on a towel with SPF 50 for less than 3 hours. The sun and I are not friends. But when I'm 50, 60, 70 years old, I will thank myself. Heck, I'm thanking myself already :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment