Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Why I Love Being Ben's Wife

Us, totally elated in love on our wedding day

So this post isn't like the others that have come before it. But I was feeling just so blessed this morning as Ben and I laughed and giggled like crazy while getting ready for work, I just felt so blessed that I was alive, that I met someone who is truly my best friend. I have a lot of moments where I kind of sit back and listen as a conversation is going on, or as we're eating a meal, or working out together at 5:30 in the morning... and I think to myself, "Wow, this is so much more than I ever thought I would have."

I can't tell you how many times I doubted God on this one. Although I had quite a few "power surges" of faith over the years that had me committed to knowing that God was going to bless me wildly in ways I never thought possible, many times I fell back into believing that no one would find me, with all my, um, uniqueness, appealing enough to commit to. But someone did, and he is my MAN!

He is sweet, thoughtful, incredibly supportive, I love making dinner for him, I love that we are partners in life, in love, and in prayer. We are committed to each other and our future family by setting healthy examples for children that don't even exist yet. He loves healthy eating (more than I do!), loves to share knowledge with me, and he is great to snuggle with.  I never thought I'd be blessed/lucky enough to find someone that loves me so dang-on much, that finds it delightful when I geek out about The Gymbox, or whatever book I'm reading, and does not criticize me. He is patient, loving, kind, and as honest as they come. I respect him, love him, and am just tickled to death that he is all mine.

I just never thought I'd ever meet him.

But I did.

I love being Ben's wife.

2 comments:

S said...

Super sweet! I relate to the feeling of giggling at night and not wanting to go to bed because you just have so much to talk about. AND the feeling of never thinking you would find that! I was the worse with boys before Austin...

Love this post! Happy for you guys!

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

*grin* So happy for you. It is awesome, ain't it?!

Post a Comment